16 September 2014

Assumption by Aurora Rose Reynolds


My rating: 1 star

Contrary to the opinion of many reviewers I was very disappointed by this book!

My issues:
First of all the way the story is told (mostly from Autumn's pov) seemed to me a little robotic..I don't know, it lacked fluidity and left me quite detached from the characters and to what happened to them

A lot (and I mean A LOT) it's left unsaid and not in the good/suspenseful way, it felt more like the author chose to not losing the time to explain herself, her character's life and their motivation in favor of adding a lot of random events to keep the drama-level high.
It didn't work for me! At all!

As it was pointed out in some other reviews, this book lacked a lot of depth; it was like reading a recap of a story more than the real story itself.
As I said, disappointing!

Even Kenton's alpha-male attitude, probably as a consequence of the previous issues since usually I like it, irritated me.
It seemed forced and his behavior toward Autumn was for me more on the 'assholery' side than the sexy one. I'm not a fan of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment