02 October 2014

Bender by Stacy Borel


My rating: 1 star

The biggest problem for me in Bender were the main characters: Keegan and Camden.

Keegan is whiny and so insecure it just made me cringe. I get that a girl can be a little self-conscious about her body (who wasn't/isn't) but too much is too much! All the more if that self-consciousness seems to be just an excuse to gain sympathy from others...get a grip girl! Another 'funny' thing about Keegan is that she thinks of herself as more mature than her age but, when it counts, she doesn't show it at all!

Camden is an asshole, plain and simple! At the beginning he's very rude and distant to Keegan but still he acts all jealous and possessive when she mets someone new. He tries to control everything and everyone around him without any logical reason but mostly without even trying to offering one.
Probably the author tried to make him all alpha-male but the result was just plain-asshole...unfortunately it's something that occurs more and more often in books!

Another thing that irks me -and that obviously couldn't miss in Camden's repertoire- is the random act of spanking during sex...Why??? Is it really necessary?? In my humble opinion, in this story (Camden's ego notwithstanding), was a totally avoidable scene.

Finally, why that cover? It's just me or it doesn't fit Camden's image at all?!

I'm sorry, but I really didn't like this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment