30 November 2014

ARC Netgaley: Price on Their Heads by Jeff Posey


My rating: 4 stars

Synopsis from GR:

Warning! This story contains impolite language, graphic violence, a little sex, and is very politically incorrect.
Jackie Key inherits a full scholarship from a rich man murdered by his brother. To justify his complicity, he studies the economic ripple effect of the dead man’s assets. What he discovers and tries to publish makes him become public enemy number one among the country’s rich and powerful because Dr. Jackie Key can calculate a true price on their heads.
From Jeff Posey, author of The G.O.D. Journal, comes a twisting and turning contemporary political thriller that exposes the cruelly tilted playing field of American economics and politics. Join Nobel Prize-winning economist Dr. Jackie Key as the heavy-handed government and ultra-rich drive him to join a team of assassins who target his list of the “too rich to exist.”

*ARC courtesy of NetGalley*

What a ride!!! This book was definitively an amazing race, for its characters and for me as a reader! It was different from everything I've read, but in a good way: I'm very happy to have stepped out of my comfort zone a little  to read Jeff Posey's novel. 


I admit the book lost me a little when Jackie, talking with Maura, went deep in his economic model and theory of richness and whatnots but, after that first sort of interview, the story did get better and better. 

The author put together a really great set of characters - every one of them quite well developed and realistic - and assembled an even more great (not really) fictional universe where everything you took for granted was in reality something different and way more complicated. Nothing in this book went as I expected, I was always blown away by a character's erratic action - mostly Jimmy's - or an unpredictable set of circumstances. It was mindblowing...and I loved it!
Price on Their Heads kept me on my toes, that's for sure! 


At last, I'd like to thank the author for the chance to read his book for free through NetGalley and I hope he appreciates my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment