29 November 2014

So Far Gone by Avril Ashton

My rating: 2 stars

Synopsis from GR:
One night? Feels like three years…
Jacob Donnelly wants something new. Something different. Which is why he’s got a one-way ticket to New York and his bags packed. One last night out to the bar finds him in a sexy stranger’s bed, giving in to an explosive chemistry Jacob had been searching for, but never found. Until now. It’s too bad he’s leaving town, although once he finds out his one night stand’s true identity, Jacob can’t get away fast enough.
Cash Warner made a mistake. It doesn’t matter that he’d never felt anything like the fire generated between him and Jacob. He doesn’t plan to ever see his one-night hookup ever again. Except he does. When the reality of what they’d done fully sets in, Jacob flees, leaving Cash struggling with how to deal with the bitter taste of betrayal he can’t escape. Because even with Jacob gone for years, Cash can’t stop wanting more of that one night. Fate conspires against them once again, bringing Jacob home after tragedy strikes, and they’ll find it near impossible to keep their distance despite being committed to other people

I'm quite conflicted about this book: I admit the chemistry between Jacob and Cash was a tangible thing, but I didn't like how they ended together!!
I'd have preferred if the author took another way to bring them together, since doing what she did to Eric was - in my opinion - the easy way out...poor Eric (I liked him)!!!
Moreover, I don't understand how two people could profess their love to each other when they spent together pretty much 3 days in 3 years?! That's not something I would call 'love': attraction I'd get, love not so much!
Cash and Jacob relationship felt rushed to me and many things between them or involving Eric remained unresolved. For all these reasons, I couldn't really connect with the two main characters and their story!


No comments:

Post a Comment